What Is The Barre Workout?
The Barre workout promises to give you a dancer’s physique. And who wouldn’t want that?
A dancer’s body is fit, toned, proportionate and lean. They may not be big and bulky but you know that they are strong. Their stamina is high and you can bet that their endurance is also quite good. There is something about dancers that will make you turn your head and notice them. They walk with confidence and you cannot help but admire their posture. They carry themselves with grace and elegance. Because of these qualities, it is not surprising that a lot of people are taking interest in this workout.
About the Barre workout
The Barre workout is a routine that combines ballet postures with popular disciplines like Yoga and Pilates. This combination allows you to effectively burn fat and build muscles at the same time.Ballet, as a dance, is actually quite deceiving. When you see ballet dancers performing, they make it seem very easy. But there is a lot of strength involved in every movement. The pliés, sauté jumps, relevés, and other movements look graceful and fluid. The way they are executed makes it look like a very easy thing to do. But the truth is, the dancers executing them spend hours perfecting it. And a lot of strength and muscles are used to make every movement look perfect.
The Barre workout is a type of ballet-inspired fitness class. The elements of ballet, Yoga, and Pilates are combined and executed with upbeat music – making for a fun yet very effective exercise routine. It allows overall conditioning of the body that focuses on the abs, thighs, hips, arms, and glutes of the participants. It is a blend of flexibility, cardio, balance, strength, and core conditioning.
You do not have to worry about wearing ballet outfits. You simply have to wear your most comfortable workout clothing and footwear and you should be good to go. There are classes that use props and equipment to make the workout more effective. These can be small balls, hand weights, resistance bands, etc. These are combined with the floor workout.
Benefits of Barre workout
A Barre workout will not make you sweat a lot but it will make you feel your muscles burning. Among the benefits include the following:
- Places pressure on tendons, ligaments, joints, and spine to make it stronger. It ends up improving your posture and core strength.
- Does not require you to have experience. The ballet element might seem intimidating but you should not hinder you from joining this class. Even if you do not have a background in dancing, you can certainly keep up with the movements.
- Provides a full body workout. After a class, you will feel your entire body stretched, invigorated, and strengthened. It will literally give you a workout from head to toe.
- Good for all ages. There are different levels in a Barre workout. That means it can cater to all ages.
- Increases flexibility. There will be a lot of stretching involved and the motions you will go through will make you very flexible. While you are training your body to become more flexible, the workout will also make you feel stronger.
- Helps you lose weight. This is a good workout if you really want to lose inches. The Barre workout targets your muscle groups. As the muscle grows, the fat in that area is burned.
- Fast results. At least, this is true if you workout 2-4 times a week. If you do it regularly, you will see the results immediately. It will make you feel sore but it will soon go away as you get used to the training. You will still have to regulate your diet – but it will all be worth it when you see the weight loss effects.